Please take the time to read and understand the following conditions of registration prior to commitment to a Soul Culture Yoga Retreat with JaiShree. With a foundation of clarity and trust, we begin this wonderful healing journey towards bliss.
All registration will be made with Deborah ‘Jaishree’ Dow-Spielman of JaiShree Yoga. By booking a retreat with me, we understand that you have agreed to all of the Booking Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between you and me). Your booking will be accepted by me on this basis. You will receive confirmation of booking invoice via email.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 USD is required for your registration to be confirmed. Please see Retreat Webpage for booking and payment options.
Acceptance of booking and final payments
Acceptance of your Retreat booking will be confirmed in writing. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the retreat price is due 30 days before the departure date. If balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
In order for me to confirm your Retreat arrangements all requested details must be provided along with your deposit fee and personal information including full name as per passport, date of birth, *passport number and passport issue and expiry date, *Visa (once available) and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete the Retreat.
For any bookings or additional services accepted within 15 days of departure we reserve the right to charge a $100 USD late fee to cover our additional administration costs.
Cancellation by you, the traveler
If you cancel a Retreat after a confirmed booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the Retreat. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
- All Deposits are Non-Refundable 2 months before departure
- 30 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
- between 15 and 30 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost; whichever is greater, and
- less than 15 days prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
- Monies paid may be applied to future retreats, however there is no obligation by me to hold a similar retreat or one that works for your schedule.
- If you leave the retreat while in process for any reason, there will be no refunds.
You are h3ly advised to take out travel cancellation insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation penalties in certain circumstances. If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
Cancellation by me
We may cancel a Retreat at any time prior to departure, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events that make it impossible, impractical or unsafe for me to fulfill the planned itinerary. We may cancel due to a physical emergency or situation that makes it impossible for me to lead. If we cancel a retreat you may choose between applying the amounts paid toward an alternative Retreat or receiving a full refund. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may have incurred as a result of your booking such as alternative or additional accommodation arrangements or non-refundable flights.
The Booking of this Soul Culture Retreat with JaiShree Yoga is a fixed itinerary, changeable only by the Retreat leaders. Should you wish to amend your itinerary or deviate from the booked retreat itinerary, we are not responsible for any incidental expenses you may incur.
The price of your retreat includes:
- all accommodation
- 3 meals daily
- classes and workshops as listed
- the services of a group leader as described in the ‘What’s Included’ notes;
- Be sure to read the ‘What to bring’ notes in the Retreat Details to understand which essentials are not included in the land price of your retreat and recommended for you to supply for yourself. Notes may be included after Registration.
The price of your retreat does not include:
- international or internal flights unless specified
- airport transfers, taxes and excess baggage charges unless specified
- snacks and drinks other than what’s provided on retreat
- visa and passport fees if required
- travel insurance
- optional activities and sightseeing and all personal expenses.
Early Yogi Discount
Early Yogi Discounts are available until the listed Early Yogi date or until minimum retreat numbers are reached, whichever comes first; not available in conjunction with any further discounts.
- General Policy: For the majority of our International retreats, the minimum age for participants is 16. All participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the ‘child’s’ day-to-day care. Please note we cannot guarantee triple or joining rooms for families; accompanying adults may be required to share with others in the group on a twin share basis.
- General Policy: For the majority of our trips we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our Retreats can be physically demanding and a Interview process is required for all participants 70 years and over.
Our journey is guaranteed to depart once we have 10 fully paid travelers (unless minimum group size specifically states otherwise); this means at times we can have very small groups. We limit the group to 25. We find most people find these sizes most accommodating. Rooms are booked for 2 people, unless a personal room is requested for an extra fee.
Passport and visas
Your passport must be valid for at least 1 month beyond the duration of the retreat. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct Visa, permits and certificates for your stay. We are not responsible if you are denied entry to our port of destination because you lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation. We recommend you arrange your India Visa here: https://indiavisa.travisaoutsourcing.com/homepage
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all JaiShree Yoga Retreats. Insurance should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance should provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation. We also h3ly recommend your travel insurance covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.
Please appreciate and acknowledge that in some instances the nature of this type of Retreat includes adventure travel that requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each Retreat is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
Change of itinerary
While we endeavor to operate all Retreats as described we reserve the right to change the Retreat itinerary. Please refer to our website before departure for the most recent updates to your itinerary. Before departure: If we make a major change we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before departure. The definition of a major change is deemed to be a change affecting at least one day in five of the itinerary.
Pre-Departure: when a major change is made you may choose between accepting the change, obtaining a refund of money paid on the land portion of the Retreat only or accepting an alternative retreat offered.
After departure: we reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside of our control. In such emergency circumstances, the additional cost of any necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by you. Please note we are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of the change of itinerary such as accommodation arrangements or non-refundable flights.
Authority on tour
Jaishree will be running our group retreat. Clarence Dow-Spielman may be co-director/assistant as well as other qualified assistants. The decision of the Retreat leader is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well being of the group and of any individual participating in the Retreat. Failure to comply with a decision made by a Retreat Leader, or interfere with the well being of the group, and order to leave the retreat immediately by the Retreat Leader may be made. In this case, there will be no right to a refund. At all times compliance with the laws and regulations of our port of destination, and behavior in a manner conducive to the overall safety and well being of the retreat group must be honored.
Acceptance of risk
You acknowledge that the nature of the Retreat is adventurous and participation involves a degree of personal risk. In the case of international destination, you will be visiting places where the geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives, and you will be participating in yoga activities that may challenge the body physically and mentally. It is your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary; and you take responsibility for any injuries that may incur through the practice of yoga while on Retreat, under our direct instruction or independently. You acknowledge that the decision to participate in a yoga Retreat is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you assume the personal risks attendant upon such participation.
Limitation of liability
We contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our retreats as agent for these third parties. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a Retreat, or any breach of the Booking Conditions, is excluded;
- you release me and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against me arising out of or in connection with your participation in a Retreat;
- and any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Booking Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded;
- To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion):
- the provision of a similar trip to an equivalent value; or
- a refund of the total amount received by me from you in connection with your booking. Any claim by you is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
Optional activities not included in the Retreat price do not form part of the Retreat or this contract. You accept that any assistance given by your Retreat leader or local representative in arranging optional activities do not render me liable for them.
Errors & omissions
Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our Retreat documentation including brochure, website and individual Retreat details we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
If you have a complaint about your Retreat please inform your Retreat leader or our local representative at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to me within 30 days of the end of the tour.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason then such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
Photos and marketing
You give me your consent to use images of you taken during the Retreat for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant me a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
Principal place of business address
- JaiShreeYoga is located at 11 Geneva St, Salem, MA 01970
Thank you so much for reading through this long T+C! You’re safety and happiness is paramount. You’re welcome to contact me if you have any questions about the terms of service offered by me, or your dealings with me. We are committed to being of service to you and resolving any issues that may arise with the utmost integrity. Thank you for your time and attention to detail, we hope to serve you a transformational, safe, and blissful yoga retreat.